A family room often serves as the central axis point for the whole household. Therefore, choosing the right type of flooring for your family room is crucial. After all, the flooring longevity and overall appearance will go a long way in exuding style and quality throughout your entire Albuquerque, Santa Fe home. Floor Coverings International Albuquerque and Santa Fe is here to help you create your dream family room!
What to Consider When Choosing Flooring
Before making a flooring choice, homeowners should consider the age of their children, if they have pets, the primary use for the room, etc. This will give them a good idea of the durability as well as comfort needs their floor selection should meet. It’s also important to know the budget for your flooring project so you have an idea of what materials to look at.
Best Flooring Options for Your Santa Fe Family Room
The following are generally wise options for any family room where active kids and pets frequently spend time:
- Carpet: Although carpet isn’t ideal for pets or spills, when children are young and playing primarily on the floor, the comfort level of carpet is advantageous. Thankfully, by going with Berber carpeting, homeowners can get the best of both worlds, as it is easier to clean but still softer than hard floor options. Other carpet options include plush. However, homeowners must realize plush carpeting, though comfortable and beautiful, won’t have the durability of Berber.
- Laminate: If pet’s nails and/or spills and accidents are a primary consideration, homeowners might instead opt for laminate flooring. Laminate, in general, is scratch resistant, durable and less likely to fade or warp when compared to hardwood flooring. It also can come in virtually any look so you can be sure to find the style you’re looking for. Laminate is even made to look just like hardwood or real stone floors!
- Tile: Though tile flooring can seem harsh and cold to stand on, homeowners can add heated subfloors to warm the tiles or cover the space with rugs. The main advantage tile offers over other floor options is simply the fact that tile is so durable and spills can be easily handled. Also, homeowners need not worry about their pets doing damage to tile floors. Therefore, when longevity and durability are of primary importance, tile is a great choice.
Update Your Santa Fe Flooring Today
The best flooring choice for a family room in Santa Fe is of primary importance. Consider the above options for floors, as they are all great selections for the family room’s sole purpose of providing a great space for a family to live, play and enjoy each other’s company. Our team at Floor Coverings International Albuquerque and Santa Fe is ready to make your flooring dreams come true with a free in-home consultation! We proudly serve the Albuquerque, Santa Fe area.
You might also like:
- Top 3 Benefits of Laminate Flooring
- Hardwood Flooring Trends in Albuquerque
- 5 Tips to Make Your Flooring Last
Photo © Patryk Kosmider